• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screwy things . . . hacked phone?

eto

Apr 2, 2011
I've been seeing a number of screwy things on my Huawei Ascend M860 happen lately.

Tonight a text reply to someone who texted me first went to the wrong person! Often the screen will be scrolling up and down all on it's own. sometimes the phone will call numbers all on it's own with out any prompting from me.

Randomly the phone will shut off and on, again all on it's own! At one time pictures would be appearing in my picture gallery that I did not take! They looked japanese or chinese in text.

Is there a way to wipe all proggies clean and start from scratch? Contacts are saved on sd.

thanks ETO

Factory reset, but before you do anything so drastic, turn the phone on in safe mode. Turn the phone off. Turn the phone on. As soon as you see the logo, let go of the power button and press and hold the Volume down button through the boot. You'll see Safe Mode in the lower left corner of the screen. Only the original apps will be running.

If that solves it, you know it's one of the apps you installed, (If it still happens, maybe the phone is haunted.) Turning the phone off, then on will bring it out of safe mode. A lot easier than backing everything up, doing a factory reset, then trying to restore everything,

Upvote 0
Sounds like a hardware fault with your screen. A similar thing happens with my screen when water is on it (it's waterproof), moisture on the screen affects the responsiveness of it.

You didn't get moisture in it by any chance? If so try taking out the battery & put it in a bowl of rice, in a warm place like an airing cupboard for a day.

Upvote 0
i can agree to some screwy screen glitch on eveything except sending the text to the wrong place! in other words i was reading a text sent to me and on the same page typed in a reply and hit send! how did my screen (which might randomly scroll the screen up and or down) chose a completely different recipient to send the text to, AND it did not got to the original sender to whom I was replying! also that sender sent me a text which never arrived! Should i keep my cell phone in a circle of salt?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones