• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD card not being seen by phone- only Internal storage

gregg1100

Android Enthusiast
I dropped Rom and Gapps into root folder of S3 GT-I9300. The Resurrection Remix rom update and Gapps will not show in SD card folder when I try to flash using TWRP. I did the other S3 update ok, so can't understand why this one is being iffy.. Sd card is mounted ok- that can be seen in Storage and USB folder.
Any ideas please??

When I updated the first S3, say S3A, the backup, rom flash and Gapps flash went great, but as I was messing with the other S3, I was supposed to have wiped cache and Dalvik cache, but phone just carried on happily by itself and started optimizing apps. All seems to be ok with that one.
Any harm done ?

Last edited:
UPDATE Seems like the dreaded San Disk card has passed away- yet another one. Crud. Ah well, on to Amazon yet again, lol

Just the second question now, lol. Thanks

Sorry about card. Has been a few dying lately causing problems.
I think your fine on second question. Basically you did a dirty flash of the update.
If you start having glitches just download the complete updated version and clean flash (preform all wipes).

S3 Woes again.
Using TWRP 2.8.0.1(seems to work better than latest)- I wanted to go back to stock on backup files, before reflashing RR 6.0.1.
However, when I click the Restore button on twrp, there is nothing shown in window- whereas if I click on Install, they are all shown. I copied files -rom, gapps to root of directory.
Have I got to have USB Debugging ticked ??
Any ideas please ?? :)

It's on the external SD card- dragged and dropped from copy on pc- it said copied to root storage of card. Yet won't show up when in twrp Restore. Weird
Just gone into twrp- version 3.02 and there are 2 storage selections;
1/ Internal storage
2/Micro sd storage

No ext storage--will look at that now

Last edited:
It's on the external SD card- dragged and dropped from copy on pc- it said copied to root storage of card. Yet won't show up when in twrp Restore. Weird

If those backups were made on an older version of TWRP than the one you are using now it might not recognize them. Make a backup of now on this version of TWRP and see if the numbers in the folder match. If they don't just change them to the new one.

TWRP is looking for the backup to be in the TWRP folder. If you only copied the individual backup to the PC then back to the phone,you should put it in the TWRP folder. If you open your file explorer, find TWRP and open it. Backups should be listed, open it. You should see a file with your device SN, open it. This is where the actual backup should be located.
This is one I just made

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160809-173124.png
    Screenshot_20160809-173124.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 172
When I try to power down from twrp and restart, it just keeps starting with the twrp page. I have just put a new Samsung sd card in- copied the files and backup to it- again it said copied to root directory- but still the same. Plus as said, will not boot up to normal mode

JF- I notice you put the backup file in the twrp folder which is in your phones INTERNAL memory. I thought that would have been wiped when phone is wiped before a rom is flashed---or am I at the other end of stick ?

That was a backup I had made on a Nexus 7. No SD card.
When you backup to SD card, the file path that TWRP is looking for should be similar.
Let me check one of my S3's that has a card

File path is similar. This is a S3 with backup to SD card

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-09-19-28-06.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-09-19-28-06.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 214
Back
Top Bottom