• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SDX Acclaim 2.2 ROOT and many other options!

The root method for the acclaim seems kinda iffy... is that the only way to do it?

I'm using an EVO so I'm good, but, my mom bought an acclaim and it is the biggest piece of crap android phone I have ever played with. I'm hoping by rooting it and installing a custom kernel that I can straighten out the lag and speed up the god awful slow .. well.. everything.

It is 100% stock and I installed 2.2 for her a while back if that matters.

I have done it on two acclaims and it has made the phone a hundred times better. I havent had any issues, if you can follow directions, then you shouldnt either. Everyone is very helpful over there too. Try it out, and if you dont like how it goes, then you can always flash back to stock 2.2 and be right back to normal. Good luck!

I have done it on two acclaims and it has made the phone a hundred times better. I havent had any issues, if you can follow directions, then you shouldnt either. Everyone is very helpful over there too. Try it out, and if you dont like how it goes, then you can always flash back to stock 2.2 and be right back to normal. Good luck!

Nice, I honestly didn't expect a reply lol. Much appreciated. I rooted my EVO with no issues ..so

I'm not too worried about the process, it's just that it isn't my phone so I'm extra paranoid. I read that if you don't delete all the right files it will brick your phone... so yea.

I'll keep reading up tho, thanks again.

Basically when you use the flash program, copying and removing tar files, you have to make sure you follow those directions to the "T" and you should be just fine.

No problem, It will be worth it! Plus the people over there are very good about helping any way they can. I asked one of the dev's a question today and got a response back within the hour

Back
Top Bottom