• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Searching and Buffering

mikecox

This is actually 2 questions

1. Can I search for local contents; i.e. without going to the web? I'm trying to find something on the phone! I suspect that I could use a file manager but isn't there an easier way?

2. I am constantly frustrated by the "buffering" that takes place when I am streaming podcasts. I have to wonder why a streaming option is even offered if more time is spent in buffering than playing. It makes me think something is wrong with my setup.

I have wifi and I stream video from Netflix to my TV and Android tablet and it rarely buffers; but when I try to stream on my phone buffering occurs every 30 or 40 seconds and make it impossible to follow the material.

Hi

For 1)

I use an app called Gesture Search from playstore (by Google) which can search everything on your phone, or you could configure Google search itself to search your phone:
open search
menu button
settings
select "phone search"
tick the categories you wish to search

For 2)
Maybe your Nexus is just not fast enough to stream the video continuously? If its a nexus 1 that may well be the case.

Roger

Thanks for your response Roger :)
I use an app called Gesture Search from playstore (by Google) or you could configure Google search itself to search your phone:
open search
menu button
settings
select "phone search"
tick the categories you wish to search
Ok! I didn't realize I could do that. I will give it a try.

For 2)
Maybe your Nexus is just not fast enough to stream the video continuously? If its a nexus 1 that may well be the case.
Bummer :(

Back
Top Bottom