• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seeking an app that will allow me to record local FM broadcasts to MP3.

This may be a particularly odd request... But I am needing an app to record local live FM broadcast to MP3 files.

I often times attend different public events that are broadcast over the FM band - not streaming on the Internet. And, I would like to record these programs in MP3 format for personal use. Yes, those in attendance are permitted to do so, provided they are for personal use and are not made available for the general public).

I do have the voice recorder app on my Motorola e5 Supra, and it does a fair job of recording the programs; but I am finding the white noise of others talking, rustling around, etc, can be a bit distracting. So, for a cleaner recording, I am hunting an app that will allow me to listen to the local FM broadcast (as the NextRadio) app does, but to be able to record these broadcasts in MP3 format...

I understand that I may have to insert a set of wired earbuds, which I have no problem doing, as I would also like to be able to hear the program / speakers without the sounds of people talking around me, children crying, etc.

So if anyone does have any suggestions as to how this could be done, I am all ears/eyes. Thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom