• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seems Froyo has Qik running in the background

htmlcssguru

Jun 28, 2010
I found that Qik has been modified as part of this update and was running in the background trying to sync vmail and other features. I saw it was active when viewing the Running Services list. There were 2 Qik apps running in the background that I had to FC then reopen the Qik program, sign in, go to Menu/Settings and redo some stuff in there.

Even when hitting the Exit button from Qik those 2 services would still run. The only way, I think, to NOT have them running is to completely sign out of your Qik account and leave it that way. If you want to use Qik then you'd have to sign in again each time. But once you do then those synchronizers run in the background even though you exit.

I noticed on both our EVO's that the battery usage changed quite a bit since yesterday's update which had me scouring through all the settings to see what was up. I discovered the Qik stuff as well as the Sprint Zone settings had be reset to all services/notifications 'on' so I had to switch them off as well.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones