• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seido Ultimate vs DC Mugen Matte

ksc6000

Mar 31, 2010
First off, my intention for getting a screen protector was to never actually protect the screen, but to reduce finger prints as I have quite oily fingers.

First I tried the Ultimate Screen Protector from Seido.

PRO: Looks like there's no protector on the screen, amazing clarity.

CON: Did NOT help with the finger prints at all. No help in how easily they got ON the screen, or how difficult they are to clean once on.

Then I sent my phone into HTC for repair and they screwed up the screen protector, so I had to take it off.

Now I have on DCMugen's Matte screen protector.

PRO: No fingerprints! For someone with oily fingers this was great.

CON: HUGE reduction in screen quality/clarity. Makes the screen very grainy and small text harder to read.

So now I'm torn, because it seems the clear screen protector doesn't help with fingerprints at all, so I'm constantly wiping it off, but the matte screen protector completely ruins this beautiful screen. I wish there was an intermediate, something which did not reduce fingerprints perhaps as much as the matte screen protector, but closer in clarity to the ultra clear.
progress.gif

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones