• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serial Number issues Sero 7 Pro. Will Hisense fix it anyway?

misterlee

Lurker
I bought 3 Hisense Sero 7 Pros. Mine is working just fine but my kid's tablet is not working. I want to get it serviced as it is still has time left on the warranty. The problem is: my kid lost the box which has the serial number the tablet came with. (I know, I know I should have put away the box myself instead of trusting a kid to store it.) The tablet won't charge and, of course, it does not turn on anymore. How can I find the serial number which is required for servicing if I can't turn on the tablet and we don't have the box with the serial number on it? Of course, my kid took off the stickers on the back too so that is no help either. Should I just send the tablet back with the serial number and box that came with one of the other tablets I bought at the same time since I have the boxes for those tablets? I wonder if Hisense would refuse to fix the tablet or charge me for the repairs if I send in the tablet with the wrong box. Can anybody give me advice on what I should do?

Contact Hisense and tell them what happened - including that your kid removed the stickers on the back. They'll tell you how they want to handle it. ( The serial number is in the electronics in the tab, so once they get it running they can see the serial number, so telling them that it's a different serial number is a BAD idea.)

I bought 3 Hisense Sero 7 Pros. Mine is working just fine but my kid's tablet is not working. I want to get it serviced as it is still has time left on the warranty. The problem is: my kid lost the box which has the serial number the tablet came with. (I know, I know I should have put away the box myself instead of trusting a kid to store it.) The tablet won't charge and, of course, it does not turn on anymore. How can I find the serial number which is required for servicing if I can't turn on the tablet and we don't have the box with the serial number on it? Of course, my kid took off the stickers on the back too so that is no help either. Should I just send the tablet back with the serial number and box that came with one of the other tablets I bought at the same time since I have the boxes for those tablets? I wonder if Hisense would refuse to fix the tablet or charge me for the repairs if I send in the tablet with the wrong box. Can anybody give me advice on what I should do?

Did you try other charger/cable combinations to see if you can charge some, even taping the connector to the tab to see if you can partial charge? If you can, you can get to to the serial # on 'about tablet'/info.

==============================
I have owned my HiSense Sero Pro 7 for 13 months and recently experience the same issue with it not recharging, even when left attached to the charger for 16 hours. I finally figured out the key issue and now it is 100% charged.

I contacted HiSense USA's customer service <service@hisense-usa.com> and had a quick response and detailed response in less than 24 hours. But by myself I figured out how to fix it after reading the pdf manual on their website. It required I find the HiSense wall plug with the usb slot on the back of it (diagram was in the pdf manual, so it was much easier to find) AND HiSense name was on it. I used a new usb to micro usb cable, plugged that and the tablet into an outlet that had nothing else plugged into it. It worked and completely charged the unit very quickly.

It has to be the non-use of a 5v/2amp charger that is keeping the unit from recharging properly. I rechecked each plug I had tried before and notice most of them were not a 5v/2amp type. With the two that were, I had not used a new USB cable and there were other electronics plugged in at the time I attempted to charge.

Hopefully HiSense can pass that info along to others who may have the same issue. I saw many listed on the Google search I did trying to find out how to fix the unit.

I have a Duracell unit I purchased with a 1amp and a 2.1 amp usb plugs. Next time I will try to see if it also work.

5 stars for a quick AND through response from HiSense Support Services! Even though I had figured out the issue and recharged the unit before their repsonse; yes I should have read the manual first!.
C Sloan

Back
Top Bottom