• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Set your own custom boot animation.

deathneed

I found this surprisingly easy to do, and the animations are extremely fluid and smooth (unlike on my optimus v where it was slow and choppy)

Step 1. Download a boot animation, name it bootanimation (it should be a zip file fyi, do not unzip it)

Step 2. using a root explorer (I prefer es file browser) go to the root directory ( usually labeled as "/" ) from there head to open the folder labeled data, and then into the folder labeled local ( /data/local is the folder path)

Step 3. place it there

Step 4. reboot your phone

Want some boot animations, try these:
Android Boot Animations - Your One Stop Source for Bootanimation.zip for Android!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.boot.animations&hl=en (this is a good one, it auto installs the animation for you and they have over 300 to choose from, only downside is, you have to pay to preview them.....but installing them is free ?! :confused: )

I found this surprisingly easy to do, and the animations are extremely fluid and smooth (unlike on my optimus v where it was slow and choppy)

Step 1. Download a boot animation, name it bootanimation (it should be a zip file fyi, do not unzip it)

Step 2. using a root explorer (I prefer es file browser) go to root/data/local

Step 3. place it there

Step 4. reboot your phone

Want some boot animations, try these:
Android Boot Animations - Your One Stop Source for Bootanimation.zip for Android!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.boot.animations&hl=en (this is a good one, it auto installs the animation for you and they have over 300 to choose from, only downside is, you have to pay to preview them.....but installing them is free ?! :confused: )
I assume this works on the Event? I got the ES file mgr, went to device/root, and the folder is showing EMPTY. But I went to system/media, and found FIVE zip files with the name "bootanimation" and a number, and TWO zip files called "bootsound" and a number. And I have yet to add ANY boot animation zip files to the device or the card.

I downloaded ES Exoplorer and Root Explorer. but neither of the free versions allow you to paste the bootanimations.zip to /data/local

Anyone know a work around?Id rather not install an app just to install one animation

***UPDATE***
I installed Total commander and gave it root privileges

Back
Top Bottom