• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting custom ringtones/text sounds

How would one go about doing this with a Droid 2? I'm trying to add them so I can set ringtones for individual contacts, so when they call, I know who is calling me. I have tones already picked out and saved to my Gmail account. I thought I would be able to set them from there, but it turns out that's not possible. I used to be able to do this on my LG Chocolate. I had sent the tones I wanted using a service called Mobile17. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

select the contact you want to change the ringtone for, go to edit->additional info (all the way down)->ringtone (will say none specified)->tap the arrow and it will bring up your avalible ringtones.

That wasn't the response I was looking for. I know how to do that. I was hoping someone would tell me how to set ringtones I have stored to my email account. Thanks anyway dude.

Steve

if you cant save it through gmail, forward it as a text to yourself. once you get it, longpress and you should be able to save it to the sd card and assign it as a ringtone.

Back
Top Bottom