• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setup nearby device error

Kittanun

Lurker
Hi guys, I recently bought the nexus 5x. During setup I tried transferring information from my old sony z3 compact, but it always reported "sorry something went wrong".

I later went on to manually set up everything and so far the device is working ok.

Is this setup error something to worry about?

Thank you

I don't think so. I just got an RMA Nexus 5X and it wouldn't let me restore my apps and setting either. For me, it's all the better. I only put the apps I'm using now back on, and the phone dozes much better. But it does look like a bug with the latest Nougat version.

Hi Kittanun,

I've encountered errors like you describe when trying to set up a device from some non-Nexus devices. It seems that some manufacturers may have implemented the backup/restore code differently. It works pretty reliably for me going from Nexus to Nexus.

At any rate, since you were able to continue and set up the device manually I don't think there's anything to worry about with that error. It won't have any lasting effects.

Enjoy the Nexus!

Back
Top Bottom