• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

several issues and comments

p zubal

Had my g2 for a couple of months now and am experiencing issues with the double tap and the bring to ear to answer calls now.
some times I have to double tap several times to get it to work and about half of the time when I try to answer a call by bringing the phone to my ear it fails to connect.
Mine is a model D802 international version and I dont know how to register for warrantee or where to take it if i need repair.
I called lg support and was told they couldn't help me as my model is intl version.
I am bummed about this but otherwise i like the phone.
Being a 76 yr old Luddite the phone has way more capability than its owner.

I think others are experiencing problems with Bring To Ear "Answer" function.

For touchscreen sensitivity, try the following: Settings | Gestures | Motion sensor calibration. I'm not sure if it will help you but worth trying. If it's working properly, the slightest double-tap should be enough. Hitting it harder would also mean your double-tap would take you longer... Might your issue really be the delay between taps is too long?

For support, go here:
LG Mobile Phone Support | LG USA
Scroll to the bottom.
Select your country/language in the drop-down to go to the proper country page.

Stef7 thanks for your input
I have re calibrated the sensitivity and it seem to work better!!
Hope someone chimes in on the answering thing with a possible solution
Pete

Pete,
I think there are calibration functions on some carrier's devices. Not on the LG G2... For others people root their devices and run a Touchscreen calibrate program. Don't think this would help you. Depends on how double-tap is really implemented.

Likely, you need to try posting your question on one of the developer sites.. xda-developers maybe?

The only additional thing to possibly mention is to ensure that the motion/light sensor area is clean and clear (no screen protector covering that section). LG's answer to ear is a combination of both the motion sensor (upward motion) and detecting that the device is next to your ear from what I understand. Cases with an overhang, or opaque/dirty/security-type screen protector films that interfere with the operation of the light/proximity sensor may affect the bring to ear answer function.

Thanks klotar I had a screen protector but it was full of bubbles and i took it off.
I thought that might have been the problem with screen sensitivity.
I am going to try to install another to see if i can do it without the bubbles now that the double tap seems to be working properly
My case does overhang somewhat, but it worked OK until recently.

Try the app SGS TOUCHSCREEN BOOSTER in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

You can customize or use one of several pre-set options.

Seems to have worked well on all of my devices.

As a lot of people have noted, the KNOCK-ON feature seems to lose responsiveness over time. This app seems to take care of that & add a bit of snap to other operations as well.

Back
Top Bottom