• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root should i buy this

I like mine. I've rooted it, so it's more like a tablet than a dedicated reader. Because I'm nearly always by WiFi the lack of 3g doesn't really affect me. Unlike Colchiro :) I do a lot of reading on it (2 or 3 books per week), the 7" screen is much nicer for that than my Dinc which I was using before. I'm not wild about the Nook reader app (either stock or from the Market), I much prefer Aldiko.

Upvote 0
I got NC last week, rooted it and am running a custom ROM that gives me all I need in a tablet. Like mhotovec, I do use it a lot for reading, as well.

I'm away from wifi access for much of day, but that makes absolutely no difference to me because when I don't have wifi available, I just tether the NC wirelessly to my Moto Droid.

In my view, the NC is an incredible value in a tablet.

Upvote 0
I use my PC most of the time still but when I am feeling lazy and want to lay on the couch or in bed I also tether to my Droid for some browsing or Netflix. Honestly I would not want a 3G tablet with another data plan. Paying for home internet and my Droids data plan is already more than enough imo. I also use mine quite a bit for reading but I have never tried the Nook app. I am using the Moon Reader, or something like that, and it works great.

With a custom run and running OCed this thing is great and I can't think of anything I would want it to do that it doesn't and the 7" screen is perfect size for a portable tablet imo. Excellent value.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones