• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should i buy

rickls

Lurker
hello, have been wanting to get a pixel 3a but after hearing of people have random shut down issues, i dont know if i should. are that many having this problem? should i still get one? thoughts appreciated.

Yes, you absolutely should buy the Pixel 3a if you're in the market for an incredible phone at an affordable price.

I personally know dozens of people with 3as and none of them have had any random shut down issues. As always, people experiencing problems tend to be quite a bit more vocal than those who aren't - after all, people don't go to support forums when everything is working beautifully.

I would not hesitate to buy one.

hello, have been wanting to get a pixel 3a but after hearing of people have random shut down issues, i dont know if i should. are that many having this problem? should i still get one? thoughts appreciated.
Agree, it's been a great phone for me.
I personally know dozens of people with 3as and none of them have had any random shut down issues.
My wife has the random shutdown thing. I'm going to try a FDR to see if it gets rid of it, and am hoping for an OTA to assess before I do a warranty exchange. I just wanted to point out it is a real thing. Hers is identical to mine, ordered the same day.

Just something you might want to consider but if you're going to be basing your choice in buying any phone because there are a few complaints posted here and there, especially when it pertains to well-known, brand name models, keep in mind that's inevitable.There is no such thing as a phone that is 100% perfect. If there's a widespread, common problem with that model, it would be touted as such in the media (especially since most tech media sites are heavy on click-baited articles, light of factual analysis).
And following this logic that a few complaints are the norm, your options on what to buy will be based on models that will have only a tiny active user base, typically knock-offs from lessor known manufacturers, phones that will receive little to no long-term support, or in other words, phones models that get little press and are owned by users who don't bother posting their opinions online or do but not in sources that are viewed by the masses.

How often does it shut down? My sister is thinking she may want one but I don't want to listen to her complain!
Last weekend it was 2-3 times. Decent signal, just restarted.
Well way to ruin my completely anecdotal statistics!

Honestly I'd go ahead and do the RMA thing, I don't think it's a software issue as far as I can tell.
Will do.

thank you all for the input.i will be getting one.

Pixel are great phones, also take a look at the one Plus phones too, One Plus 7 Pro, I'm a great fan of them also. Either way you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom