• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I switch (Samsung Acclaim to HTC Desire)

Strings

Aug 15, 2010
www.bacaworld.org
Got the Samsung Acclaim, which has hooked me on Android. I like the physical keyboard, and haven't had any major problems with the phone. However, I've seen it said on here that the Acclaim is an "entry level" phone. And the inability to remove certain apps without rooting kinda bugs me.

US Cellular just got in the HTC Desire. Didn't have much time to actually play with it today, but it seems like a nice unit. And also seems folks on here like it.

So... would it be worth switching?

Yes its worth switching. Make sure you swap before your 30 days is up. Must have all original items (box, charger, manual, etc). It has a better processor, camera, and its expandable to 32GB (comes with 8GB card).

The big difference is if you are willing to give up the physical keyboard for a touch-screen one. Also, make sure to check the forums for how to "save on battery life" with the desire. The factory settings on the desire, along with certain user settings, can kill its battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones