• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I take the plunge??

goldrush28

I love my Razr Maxx, battery life, functions, etc.. I have an opportunity to pick up an S3. I'd of course get the extended battery. Any thoughts, pro or con?? Thanks in advance. Art

What's the advantage to YOU of an S3 (forget what anybody else might gain from it)?
If there are enough gains to justify the cost then go for it.
If you're just doing it because it's a cool new toy, eh, maybe not.

I agree with mhotovec. I have the Razr Maxx and would love to switch it for a new phone. But to compare the Maxx to S3,

It has the same type of screen (Super AMOLED) which is darker than normal LED. I personally hate it. Maxx has 4.3 inch screen with 256 PPI, and S3 has 4.8 inch screen with 306 PPI.

S3 has a Gyroscope, and you can use a 64GB Micro SD card, and it supports DLNA.
Maxx has HDMI (which i personally never used)
S3 has TouchWiz while Maxx has Motoblur.
Both are dual core.

No major differences. It really comes down to how much you have to pay to switch, and whether you like Maxx's screen or want a larger screen and slightly better one, prefer TouchWiz or Motoblur, if you like the physical style of S3 more, or if you just want something different.

Don't forget the Samsung radios are generally not as good. This would be important . Also I have heard it has a too much plasticky feel to it. Just my .02

There will be no cost to me. I've heard S3 can get live OTA TV. I'm checking on that. Built in 32G plus 64G card is wild. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks

Had an S3 for a total of three days before returning it. The back feels like a very cheap plastic which I felt would easily crack if not removed ever so gently. If the auto-brightness feature worked, I couldn't tell it. The screen was always much too dark with the feature on. In sunlight, you had better find a nice shady tree to get under if you need to see the screen. Signal inside the house? Very weak. Otherwise, a great phone. Me? I'm MUCH happier with my Maxx.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm staying with the Maxx. Yes, I like the larger screen on the S3, but if you can'r see it ? 96G of storage is sick, Bur I'm hardly using what I have now. Can't see a major reason to switch. Thanks, Art

For those who have had an S3 how many times a day did you have data drops? I'm on my third RAZR and average about 15 data drops per day.

and since you hijacked the post-lol. I've had my Razr Maxx since the beginning of March. I got it to replace my Galaxy Nexus which didn't get data in Puerto Rico. They have since fixed that (another story). With the Maxx I have not had a data drop, a call drop, an e-mail drop at all. I haven't even dropped the phone. It's simply the best smart phone I've owned, thus the reason I'm not going for the S3. Thanks again for everyone's input.

I was in the same situation but honestly for me it really comes down to the battery and call quality. Nothing beats the maxx. I dont think i can go to a phone with anything less. Now when the razr hd comes out than i might have to rethink about upgrading...

Eric

Back
Top Bottom