• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Site devoted to non-freemium Android games?

Well, I'm not going to bother with a rant about how evil freemium games are; there are enough suckers out there that won't buy a $5 game but will play a "free" game and then let it suck far more than $5 from their wallet over time, so the problem is only going to keep getting worse.

But what I'd like to know: Is there a website devoted to non-freemium Android games? Or even a website that categorizes/filters games based on whether they have IAP? I hate searching for games that I might like, getting my hopes up (since most of these companies aren't ethical enough to mention IAP in the game description), and then only finding out its freemium after installing and seeing in-game ads for "platinum" or "gems" or whatever. I'd really like to speed up the finding-a-game-I'd-like process by being able to search only non-freemium games.

I have the same question about freemium or not. I spend a good half hour or more reading the reviews at google play and doing web searches when I am interested in a particular game because the developer doesnt include that information in in the description. Sometimes I find the info sometimes not. I have taken to only buying games that have a price to purchase but that is not even a guarantee. There has to be a site somewhere with a database .. No?
Alex

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones