• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skyfire 2.0 Beta now available

ksc6000

Finally it arrives....I haven't gotten a chance to fully test it out. My main concern is how it will impact the battery on my Nexus one.

But it's exciting that we're getting semi-flash capable software. What do you guys think?

Skyfire is a great way to pass the time before we get full Flash capabilities. Now, if someone can figure out a way we can download those videos to our phone so we can watch them offline...that would be amazing!

I find it to be pretty good for a beta. ESPN videos loaded for example. But Hulu doesn't work. So it is sort of a hit or miss. Still somewhat choppy, but decent experience. Not going to win the default browser role just yet but it has potential. Especially if they get it working smoothly with all flash working before Froyo comes out.

One of the best features, it automatically gets your bookmarks from your default browser! Brilliant. xScope and Dolphin should take a lesson from this.

I've visited the website for this app, Is it any better then the default browser with the android system? I'm using the default browser all the time, and it's good for me until now.

It's an ok browser. Purely as a browser I would prefer dolphin our even stock. It's cool for the flash videos, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it because if privacy concerns. Don't like how they, as stated in the eula, monitor your browsing and can use your "personal information" as they see fit.

Hmm. didn't know that about the EULA.

Force closes on my Hero. I thought it looked promising, and definitely faster than stock browser, but uninstalledfor the moment. I may reinstall when it comes out of Beta.

I find it a little slow and laggy, and once it crashed my phone and I needed to do a battery pull. Looks like they are downloading the video to their own servers and doing an on the fly transcode?? maybe that's why none of the flash actually plays on the page, but you have to click on that video tab to see a list of all the flash stuff.

An option to play local flash video files would have been good. Definitely not default browser material, but with apps2sd and a 16gb card, it's worth to keep installed to try on flash sites and if it works it's a bonus.

Dear god, this thing is trash! Even on wifi it renders pages PAINFULLY slowly! Absolutely terrible. Opera Mini owns it.

Back
Top Bottom