• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Veez

Dec 22, 2009
Hey guys I've tried searching for this all over but can't find an explanation or a solution. So the Skype app completely blows.

I've downloaded uninstalled and re installed this multiple times already.

When I go into the Skype app it will try to log in but it'll say it doesn't recognize my username or password. So I put it in and try to log in. But when I select login on the screen it does nothing. The arrows on the wifi icon are inactive so it's as if the app isn't even utilizing the Internet. Same thing with 3G. I force stop the app and it finally logs in. Then my contacts are gone. And again the arrows on the wifi icon aren't showing any activity. Shows me having no credit either.

It's so irritating. The app doesn't activate the Internet or something.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hey guys I've tried searching for this all over but can't find an explanation or a solution. So the Skype app completely blows.

When I go into the Skype app it will try to log in but it'll say it doesn't recognize my username or password. So I put it in and try to log in. But when I select login on the screen it does nothing. The arrows on the wifi icon are inactive so it's as if the app isn't even utilizing the Internet. Same thing with 3G. I force stop the app and it finally logs in. Then my contacts are gone. And again the arrows on the wifi icon aren't showing any activity. Shows me having no credit either.

No my Skype app seems to work

Upvote 0
Yes, Skype only seems to work about 10 percent of the time.

Upvote 0
As I said in another post - AMAZING to me that Skype hasn't released a new version of the app to work with the MOST POPULAR ANDROID PHONE RIGHT NOW that is selling TENS OF MILLIONS of units. And from them it's just....silence......

For some reason I assumed Skype would be my go-to but they drove me over to a competitor out of necessity

Upvote 0
When I first got my phone, I was able to use Skype with video and everything to contact my family in Canada. Since then things have gone downhill. I don't know if there was an update pushed out or what, but Skype has become basically non-functional.

First it wouldn't let me login. Then after a while that randomly resolved itself. Now however it doesn't show my Skype contacts and if I try to do the 'find contacts' thing it hangs at 0%. My family doesn't see me online even though Skype says I'm logged in.

Help?

Upvote 0
When I first got my phone, I was able to use Skype with video and everything to contact my family in Canada. Since then things have gone downhill. I don't know if there was an update pushed out or what, but Skype has become basically non-functional.

First it wouldn't let me login. Then after a while that randomly resolved itself. Now however it doesn't show my Skype contacts and if I try to do the 'find contacts' thing it hangs at 0%. My family doesn't see me online even though Skype says I'm logged in.

Help?

I haven't tried the recent update but there was one about a week ago. Make sure you're updated.

I used Tango when Skype wasn't working and it seemed to work well. But I understand if the rest of your family is on the Skype ecosystem you might want to stay there.

Upvote 0

Help?

I have been using the Skype ver. 2.9.0.315 for the last few days and it seems to work occasionally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones