• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slacker replacement

Does anyone know of a decent Slacker Radio replacement? I enjoy everything about the service, but I'm having a lot of issues with the app. It stops every time I end a call and doesn't recover. It also sometimes randomly stops between songs for no apparent reason.

Anyhoo, I like being able to create my own stations and add bands to a station to change the dynamic. Slacker does this very well and I like the song selection.

I've tried the following, and while they're good, they don't quite stack up:

Pandora - repeated songs too much
IHeartRadio - Probably my favorite out of this list, but I can't add bands to the stations I create.
Spotify - Can't create custom stations.

Are there any more obscure apps out there that I'm missing?

Have you tried last.fm. not sure about android but it's great on the Xbox and I checked and its on the play store. As for the Xbox it works just like slacker. So I assume it would work in a similar capacity on android .

You could also look into Jango. I haven't used it too much, but from what I recall you can create custom stations (they also have pre-made stations to choose from as well) and they have unlimited skips. The best part is that it's all free. If you do try it out, let me know how it goes and how you like it....I might just revisit it myself!

Back
Top Bottom