• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Uninstalls on Jelly Bean

gordonwd

Anyone else having trouble with apps taking forever to uninstall after the Jelly Bean upgrade? By "forever" I mean a couple of minutes or more instead of a couple seconds!

I thought that this might have something to do with my using the tablet for Android app development, but I just uninstalled Google Currents and it likewise took several minutes to finish.

Anyone else having trouble with apps taking forever to uninstall after the Jelly Bean upgrade? By "forever" I mean a couple of minutes or more instead of a couple seconds!

I thought that this might have something to do with my using the tablet for Android app development, but I just uninstalled Google Currents and it likewise took several minutes to finish.

No, no problems here.

It turned out to be due to a specific app that apparently creates tons of file in its cache, which Android apparently has to search through for every app install/uninstall operation. The guilty party? Google Currents!

I never used this app anyway since I found it basically useless, so deleting it was no issue, and now my installs & uninstalls are back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom