• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SM-G900P (Sprint S5) Rom for any carrier?

ksbnet

Lurker
Hey everyone, I been looking around the forums here and other sites and have learned a lot of info in pieces but I really need help with a particular issue. A friend of mine gave me a Sprint Galaxy SM-G900P (Galaxy S5) which is (of course) CDMA with GSM compatibility. Im unsure at the moment what service he was wanting to use but I know it is a GSM carrier (US) because he has a SIM he wanted to use. I owe him a favor so I told him I would try. Besides going the route of purchasing a unlock box and unlocking the phone with that, I discovered the SSU apk which SIM-Unlocks the phone. I downgraded the phone from Lollipop 5.0 stock to Android 4.4.2 KitKat (G900PVPU1ANE5) with ODIN. (FYI, i was stuck in download mode with no recovery mode for a week before finally getting one to work, and so happen to be that version that went through)..... I downloaded SSU and it unlocked the phone and I switched mobile network mode from CDMA to GSM Units. (NOTE: it says 4.4.2 and up will not work with USA carrier SIM cards without downgrading the Modem but I have not tried just yet) Im about to Root the phone but here is where my question comes in. I have read of people flashing roms to get their phones to work with certain carriers and other functions. Will rooting help me out at all? I guess IM asking if there is a ROM that I can flash onto the phone to enable the use of whatever carrier he is wanting to use with it. I know thats most likely useful in the situation, but Im awaiting that answer as we type. ANY help would be greatly appreciated :)))) Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom