• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Actions

Wolvie66

Is anybody else having problems with there smart actions.
I set my smart action for Bluetooth connection for my truck, then actions are launch music, launch navigation, wifi off, cellular data on. I get in my truck it connects to Bluetooth turns on music and that's it doesn't turn on nav, or data or turn wifi off.
So when I get in truck and mount it to car dock only thing that works is music nothing else. I have to do everything myself. All my other smart actions work in the house and at work.
Any help on this matter.
Phone is not rooted.

Thanks
Wolvie

I would definitely start there- split the large rule into smaller ones.

or another thing you could try is testing the rule using different parameters- such as do everything you want, except launch music. if it doesn't work, retry by turning music back on, but turn off something else. essentially factoring out one by one.

I noticed that you stated that you put your phone in a dock while in your truck. Do you have a dock in the house as well? It might be that the dock Webtop application is taking over in the truck and preventing the nav and the other actions from working properly. Have you tried just letting the phone connect in your truck without using the dock (to see if it might have something to do with the Webtop software)?

Hi Wolvie66,
I work on the Smart Actions team. Are you still having troubles with Smart Actions? If so, just let me know and we can investigate.

I use smart actions to start Pandora when I get in the car. My bluetooth pairs with the media player, and INSTANT MUSIC.

The problem? Turn off the car and start to walk away and Pandora starts blaring out of the phone. Find the Phone. Unlock the Phone. Fund Pandora. Turn off Pandora. Lock the phone. Put phone away.

6 steps.

Not so Smart now!

How about a smart action that will close a running application on the happening of some trigger....like a bluetooth unpairing?

Now THAT would be cool.

Smart Actions is a great idea....it just needs a little more.

I can think of a few more times an application close would be cool. I use a Night Clock that starts at home when I put in the charger after 11pm. My ohone turns into my nightstand clock. Very cool. same thing. It would be nice if the application terminated in the am when it is not needed.

Hi Wolvie66,
I work on the Smart Actions team. Are you still having troubles with Smart Actions? If so, just let me know and we can investigate.

Hey Smart Actions..is it possible to disable 4g with smart actions? I dont see the option to disable 4g and switch to 3g.

I use smart actions to start Pandora when I get in the car. My bluetooth pairs with the media player, and INSTANT MUSIC.

The problem? Turn off the car and start to walk away and Pandora starts blaring out of the phone. Find the Phone. Unlock the Phone. Fund Pandora. Turn off Pandora. Lock the phone. Put phone away.

6 steps.

Not so Smart now!

Pandora seems to have fixed this issue themselves, after an update it started pausing the music when the bluetooth connection was terminated. It works great now.

Still looking for a way to have smart actions terminate an app on a specific trigger, and the motion sensor trigger would be nice if MOVING the phone would be a trigger, as opposed to no movement.

Back
Top Bottom