• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Settings - usage

Napalm

Android Expert
So is anyone using the LG Smart settings system on their V20? People on verizon have to go through another hoop to get it to work or at least access it.

I just found how to turn it on since I was using Tasker for these types of functions. But if there is a built in system I want to try it out.

If you look up Enable Smart settings V20 - in google you'll get a set of links and a video. Basically the easy way is to install a small program called quick short cut maker. Open that - find the listing for Smart Settings - tap that and tell it to make a short cut.

bickety bam - a new short cut shows up on some open space on your home screens and that launches the LG IFTTT service called smart settings.

Apparently I have to let it run a few days to determine my home place and work place or something like that - but It does launch. I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one.

Anyone else using it please post up. If I get it to work right I'll do the same.

I just go to settings and the LG smart settings are right there.

Also I have the option to enable a smart bulliten home screen which also has smart settings.

Attachments

• 1479174811380.jpg
    1479174811380.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1479174824424.jpg
    1479174824424.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 1479174868804.jpg
    1479174868804.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 190
So is anyone using the LG Smart settings system on their V20? People on verizon have to go through another hoop to get it to work or at least access it.

I just found how to turn it on since I was using Tasker for these types of functions. But if there is a built in system I want to try it out.

If you look up Enable Smart settings V20 - in google you'll get a set of links and a video. Basically the easy way is to install a small program called quick short cut maker. Open that - find the listing for Smart Settings - tap that and tell it to make a short cut.

bickety bam - a new short cut shows up on some open space on your home screens and that launches the LG IFTTT service called smart settings.

Apparently I have to let it run a few days to determine my home place and work place or something like that - but It does launch. I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would start one.

Anyone else using it please post up. If I get it to work right I'll do the same.
If you have Verizon you will keep waiting. It won't work after waiting either. They have disabled using the feature

that's what I'm afraid of - they seem to have disabled the my places piece of the software set too. Can't tell if it's just turned off or missing.

Anyone know of anyway to turn this on with the VZ devices?

Cant help you with VZ. But i have been using the smart setting just fine. It connects with PowerAmp when the headphones are connected as other setting. I was also surprised the 2nd screen music controls seem to work with PowerAmp when loaded through smart controls, even though literature says it shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom