• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS messages all disappear.

Kelemvor

Nov 12, 2010
So I have a Verizon S3 (unrooted) that is giving me trouble. At times, when I go into the Messaging app, it will show me that I have no sms messages on my phone. In reality, I have tons of them on there. I can even be reading a text, click to go back to the main screen, and then they all just disappear.

Sometimes I can open the Messaging app and it will flicker so I can see all my messages for a split second before it goes to the No Messages screen.

When this happens, I have to reboot the phone and then they all show up again. I can also open some other SMS program and it will also show that I have no messages so it's something within the system and not with any specific app.

Does anyone know what causes this or a way to make it stop? It's really annoying to have to keep rebooting my phone just to see my messages.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones