• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS restore from PC SMS.dat file to Android

Mr Manos

Lurker
Hello, I neeed help with SMS recovery on my Phone, from a sms.dat file on my PC.
Story is, I needed to do a hard reset on an Alcatel Pixi 4 (5010D) Android 6.0
I used an old discontinued app on my PC to make a backup of Contacts, call logs, sms, apps and music.
The app is called Moborobo and required USB debugging. I tested both the back up and the restore function before I proceeded with the hard reset.They seemed to work just fine. After that I did the hard reset and attempted to restore the data. The Moborobo restored all data just fine, except for sms. When I clicked for the SMS restore again (Photo 1), a window popped asking to check my phone and change the SMS app (photo 2). I looked but the app suggested is not among the choices (photo 3).
Know that Mr.Clean app was automatically installed when I connected to my PC via USB, and appears Mobo Daemon is an extention of it or sth.
Photo 3 was taken after I tried choosing each app, but the pop of photo 2 won't go away and restoration wont proceed no matter what button I click on both PC or Android. I also downloaded Google's Messages app in hopes it could be compatible, but no luck.
On photo 4 are the files created when I did the backup via the Moborobo pc app, I didn't mess with those.
Since there is a SMS.dat file, is there a way for me to put those messages back on the phone?
Sadly I couldn't find any help online from Moborobo because its discontinued.
Please somebody help, I really need those messages.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 355
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 298
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 330
If you had been using Google messages, your sms would have been backed up automatically.
Since moborobo is a discontinued app, you may be out of luck recovering sms...
You could try installing moborobo and setting it as your default sms and see if it will read and recover the .dat file...

Back