• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update VS98730a for LG G5 is 2 Steps Backwards!

Has anyone else had problems with their phone since this most recent update (for me on October 2, 2018), such as problems with APPS, problems with CONTACTS, problems with PHOTO GALLERY, problems with GPS Navigation, etc.

This is absolutely the LAST LG phone I will ever own. Went from a Samsung S4 to this, after being sold a bill of goods about it's "awesome" camera. Was that ever a crock!

Now you can no longer change the colors of the Messenger App's text bubbles (leaving only white and a black text on blue background), taking AWAY the capability to tilt the photos to landscape in the photo gallery, scrambling up the Contacts - even removing my brother from the "ICE" list at top of main contact list!, and on and on.

Called Verizon, my provider, and spoke with some very bright "Tech Coaches" who can only help so much. They really did try their best to find out what happened. Then they gave me the number for LG's Tech Support group, and LG tossed me over to Google which is just an automated response to get to their webpages - never allowing you to speak to a human being about an issue. But LG clearly put the blame on Google, saying they are the culprits who push the updates out, apparently creating an android app for each phone of each provider (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.). I find that a little difficult to believe but oh well. The damage is done and there's no going back. If I could I WOULD. LG's main solution is to do a "Hard Reset" which is probably what it is... HARD. I'm just limping along until BLACK FRIDAY when maybe, possibly, hopefully the Samsungs will be on sale.

As I've asked numerous people, "I've heard people say 'I love my iphone' or I love my 'Samsung' or 'I love my Motorola,' but have you EVER heard ANYONE say 'I love my LG?" Because I haven't.

Here endeth the lesson. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix any of this stuff without doing a "Hard Reset!" (And yes I've done a software reset which did nothing.)

Back
Top Bottom