• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Solved) Manifest merger failed with multiple errors on new project.

Delikwent

Lurker
Hi.

I am university student who recently started android development module. We were advised to use Android Studio 3.5.3.
After creating couple simple projects the Android Studio won't allow me to create new projects - the ones that result in hello world app. The projects that are already done work fine.

The error that I am getting is: "ERROR: Manifest merger failed with multiple errors, see logs". The AndroidManifest.xml Merged Manifest view doesn't show any errors though. I can successfully rebuild the project by clicking "Make Project" or Ctrl+9 but I end up with broken activity_main.xml view.

I have already tried to move existing projects to another location to see if it makes any changes but the problem still persist.

I have also tried couple solutions found on the internet but they did not work (like changing "
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.5.3' to classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.5.4'.

Any help would be appreciated.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG

Back
Top Bottom