• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some Android related Kickstarter projects

Trev186

Jun 3, 2010
Hi,

So I am not sure if I will update this on a regular basis like I do my emulator thread BUT lately I have become addicted to Kickstarter and found SEVERAL projects that are Android related (some only mentioned by the dev themselves)

Please note not all of these are guaranteed to be for Android but for those that are not the devs are interested in Android. I think if they get a bunch of Android backers then we can persuade them even more :)

Any ways KS does not have an android section so it is easy to miss these.

So please fund these games !

Non Game projects:

Icontrolpad2 :
iControlPad 2 - The open source controller by Product 3 LLC — Kickstarter

This project is ending very soon and you wont be able to buy this controller for several months without being a backer. This is a slideout keyboard/Six Axis controller that can fit in your pocket while connected to your phone anywhere you go. Additionally it can map physical keys to any touchscreen control on Android WITHOUT needing a dev to support it.

Impulse Game Controller and Key Finder:
iMpulse Game Controller & Key Finder: Pocket Accessory by Black Powder Media — Kickstarter

A controller that works with Android and is a key-chain!

IExpander
iExpander - an expansion device for your iPhone by Charlie Corry — Kickstarter

This is really an amazing case.
1.It has a built in SD card lot which can be used to add addtional SD storage to your phone. So imagine throwing in another 64 SDXC card into your phone in addition to your current one and the 32 GB on board storage ( I own a SGS3).
2. The case has a backup battery built into it so it can charge your phone but it is built in such a way that you can still sync and charge the phone and case without detaching them (or blowing them up)

So this is actually for Iphones at the moment but I still pledged and here is why. I emailed the creator of the project and he said if this is successful they will next try and bring the Iexpander to Android phones as well.

GAMES

3089 Action RPG by Phr00t — Kickstarter

The KS page does not mention Android support but when I spoke with the dev he did say he plans on making it happen in the future.

3rd World - A CyberPunk Tale
3rd World - A CyberPunk Tale by Vision-Strike-Ware, LLC — Kickstarter

This game is planning to back Android from the start. It is from a long lost dreamcast game. They need $50K in the next 45 days so lets help em out!

Arakion
Kickstarter (complete)
Arakion by Chris Taylor — Kickstarter
Inidegogo (still going for addtional content)
Arakion | Indiegogo

Arakion is a beautiful looking first person RPG. the dev Chris Tyler will be supporting Android a month after the initial launch. He is still accepting pledges on Indiegogo. He is adding addtional content if we hit the 60K goal. A lot of thought went into this game so please back it :)

Armada Engine

Armada Engine by MarkandRoger — Kickstarter

So this is a cool Space strategy game. The dev mentions in that they plan to make this for Android and Ouya as well. So please back this !

Doublefine Adventure game

This one is already complete as well but you can still become a slacker backer on their website:

Double Fine

Dysis
Dysis by One Dimension Games — Kickstarter

This is a RTS/FPS hybrid game. I asked the dev about Android support and he said after the initial release if things worked out he would attempt it

Katun

This looks like a really cool survival horror type game using the Unreal engine. The dev plans to support Android. They need $350K but you can tell from the video they have done some upfront work already!

Kitaru

About Kitaru

I would like to add Warblade MK II to this thread.

crowd funding page : Warblade MK II - Ulule

*** ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT ***

Some of you may know of Deluxe Galaga from the Amiga or Warblade from PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad.Deluxe Galaga was a very popular shareware game for the Amiga computer. And 1 of 2 shareware games voted onto the Amiga Report Top 100 games of all times. All other games on the list was commercial games!

Warblade was an updated version of Deluxe Galaga for the PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad.

Warblade MK II is a new game and it will have all new graphics made by a professional artist, new music, new sound effects and lots and lots of new game features. You will be able to create your own levels and upload them to a community server and download/rate other users levels and level packs.

Warblade MK II will be made available for PC, Mac, iOS devices, Android, Linux and also windows 8 phones too! The game uses the Unity 4 game engine.

If you like shoot'em ups / arcade games, have a look at the new crowd funding page for Warblade MK II over at Warblade MK II - Ulule

Presentation video for the project :
Warblade MK II - Presentation video - YouTube

Developer blog can be found at : Redirect EMV Software
Facebook page for the project : http://www.facebook.com/WarbladeMkII

Some images for the game:

image1.png

image3.png

image2.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones