• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some lockscreen and wifi problems, pls help

Mar

Hello good people,

I just got an S3 and am already having some problems with it so i thought i would ask you some questions
I synced it with my google account and all that.

My problem is the a notification seems to keep popping up telling my that i am connected to my wifi and i think it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting which causes the notification to flash across the screen

A more serious problem is the lockscreen. When the screen switches off and I switch it on it seems to be unresponsive. No swiping unlocks it and it doesnt seem to register any touch. Sometimes if i repress the unlock button it flashes black and shows the underneath screen and then pops up with the lock screen and at that point it registers my finger swipe and unlocks.

Other times I just had to force it to restart or take out the battery

Shall I return it and get a new handset or is there a solution to these problems?

Thank you

Hello good people,

I just got an S3 and am already having some problems with it so i thought i would ask you some questions

My problem is the a notification seems to keep popping up telling my that i am connected to my wifi and i think it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting which causes the notification to flash across the screen

A more serious problem is the lockscreen. When the screen switches off and I switch it on it seems to be unresponsive. No swiping unlocks it and it doesnt seem to register any touch. Sometimes if i repress the unlock button it flashes black and shows the underneath screen and then pops up with the lock screen and at that point it registers my finger swipe and unlocks.

Shall I return it and get a new handset or is there a solution to these problems?

Thank you

Hello, have you solved? I have the same problems, I tried various reset but nothing working...

My simcard has been activated today and it seems to have made a difference. The wifi doesnt drop and the lockscreen seems to be working fine. There is just a little lag in the touch animations in the lockscreen (is this normal?).

I will continue to monitor it and if it seems like it hasnt actually stopped doing it for good i will get it replaced.

Although why would the activation of the sim card make a difference? Was it going crazy trying to find a sim card and so everything else was just buggy?

Hello good people,

Thank you

I have the same problems, i have been eliminating programs one by one, Thinking about it mind started hours after i put my sim card in. I had the phone 1 and half days before i put the card in just putting stuff in over wifi. So maybe its not just the sim as mine started after the sim was put in.
Keep me posted if it's still happening.

see my questions 2 days ago on here "S3 wouldn't switch on...any ideas why?"

I have the same problems, i have been eliminating programs one by one, Thinking about it mind started hours after i put my sim card in. I had the phone 1 and half days before i put the card in just putting stuff in over wifi. So maybe its not just the sim as mine started after the sim was put in.
Keep me posted if it's still happening.

see my questions 2 days ago on here "S3 wouldn't switch on...any ideas why?"

Hi,

It seems to be working fine for the time being, after the sim card got activated. Except for the slightly laggy ripples in the lockscreen when i wake it up.

Edit: Got more lockscreen freezing up :( pressed the power button to turn the screen on and no response at all

Btw is the screen supposed to be a bit lighter in the very bottom? Most noticeable while browsing a white page. it is just a slightly lighter colour than the rest of the page

A new update for whoever is interested. I called my provider and explained the situation and they told me to take it back to the point of sale and they would replace it for me.

Hey guys mine was going this when i had the picture frame widget installed on the home screen after taking this off its been perfect, has anyone else who has had the freezing had this widget on

My kept locking up again even after doing a factory rest and putting stuff on. So took mine back today and got an new one, just finished putting everything back on, fingers crossed this one is ok.....its been a nightmare, the guy in the shop said he thinks it Icecream sandwich and the lock screen

Btw is the screen supposed to be a bit lighter in the very bottom? Most noticeable while browsing a white page. it is just a slightly lighter colour than the rest of the page

Excuse my confusion but by "lighter" do you mean brighter or less saturated or what?

Excuse my confusion but by "lighter" do you mean brighter or less saturated or what?

It looked a bit whiter, especially when browsing the internet and the page was white. sort of like the lights didn't dim as much as the rest of the page (the phone dims the whites while on the internet to save on battery(you can change this))

Back
Top Bottom