• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Something has gone horribly wrong with my phone.

LakersDroid

Android Expert
Jan 5, 2013
Orange, CA
After leaving the phone charging most of the morning, I took it off and put it in my pocket. Went to work and when I hit power to wake it up, it won't. The capicitive lights turned on but not the screen. I tried turning it on several times but all the phone did was turned on the capacitive lights. I touched the screen and on some parts it would vibrate.

But now it doesn't do anything. I think it has gone into what some are calling a "deep sleep" where it's not responsive to anything at all.

This has happened to me before with my old Evo V, abeit under different circumstance.

I'm leaving it plugged into the charger now and hopefully it will wake up in the morning.

Keep us posted on whether that works or not. Did you do any modifications at all to the phone recently?

No, I've been flashing roms though. I was on Negalite most of yesterday. Switched to Pacman today. everything's been working fine this morning. i was using it before i let it charge to take to work. When i unplugged it from the charger, it turned on to the lockscreen by itself like it should.

but then at work, it won't wake up and now it's completely unresponsive.
My last phone became unresponsive after I power it down. I left it in the charger overnight like I was advised to do, and in the morning it would boot up when I power it on.

Hopefully same thing this time.

Upvote 0
It's not going to take that long, in just the past couple of years instead of that being specific to iPhones only, now it's already the norm. I go camping and hiking quite often, I even have a spare extended battery for when I won't be able to charge for a few days. . :thinking::mad::thumbdown:
OB

I was shockingly pleased to read that the Galaxy S4 will have removable battery and micro SD. I wonder if the S5 will as well :thinking:

Upvote 0
I was shockingly pleased to read that the Galaxy S4 will have removable battery and micro SD. I wonder if the S5 will as well :thinking:

This is good, its the 2 main features I look for. A friend of mine has a phone with 32gb internal memory only, he also roots/roms. At first he didnt like it but he said its actually not too bad and you can always mount via bootloader. I quite enjoy using my SD in my laptop sometimes tho :\ And removable batteries, or atleast a way to interrupt the connection, is a must

Upvote 0
This is good, its the 2 main features I look for. A friend of mine has a phone with 32gb internal memory only, he also roots/roms. At first he didnt like it but he said its actually not too bad and you can always mount via bootloader. I quite enjoy using my SD in my laptop sometimes tho :\ And removable batteries, or atleast a way to interrupt the connection, is a must

If I ever have to get a professional to service my phone, I am taking my damn files with me. I wouldn't send in a phone to repair with 32 gigs of data on it. Popping out the SD card is a must for me in a situation like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones