• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help something is up with my sound

gale65

Android Enthusiast
first there was no sound sometimes when I played songpop (if you play songpop you know sound is important on this game). I tried force-stopping the game and it didn't help so I had to reboot every time this happened. Then it would start cutting out during scramble with friends. Not as essential but it was throwing off my game when some letters would make a sound and some would not. Again, the force stop didn't help. I have to reboot every time and it happens 2 out of 3 times at least. Now when I type (swiftkey) the ticking quits working or works only on some letters. I'm having to reboot my phone 3 and 4 times a day now. :confused: How do I find out what is wrong and how to fix it? My phone is rooted but running the stock rom.

It sounds like some kind of software or hardware bug is messing with your sound. if you plug headphones in do you still have the problem or does sound come through okay all the time?

I'm not sure-I don't even own any headphones I don't think. I'll borrow some from my kids the next time it's doing it and find out. Tonight it was doing it again. On scramble it was only intermittent sound so I rebooted and it was fine. Playing on fb isn't really going to help with my keyboard sounds not working. Plus I'm not sure if I can play against my sister on fb when she doesn't do fb.

It sounds like something wrong with the programming of the app. Do you lose sound on your phone at other times?
If so, there might be a problematic app on your phone and you should try running your N5 in safe mode (where all 3rd party apps are disabled). If the sound comes back, go through your apps and uninstall one by one to pin point the problematic app.

I never lose sound on anything else. Only in these three apps so far. Rebooting my phone always fixes it so far. I haven't noticed it in swiftkey or songpop lately so maybe those have been updated to fix it but it happened last night in Scramble.

I never lose sound on anything else. Only in these three apps so far. Rebooting my phone always fixes it so far. I haven't noticed it in swiftkey or songpop lately so maybe those have been updated to fix it but it happened last night in Scramble.

Hmmm. The thing that concerns me is that it is happening in several different apps. That would lead me to think it's not a problem with those specific apps.

Back