• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Song as Alarm

Stuntman

Android Expert
I seem to be unable to set a song I have on my phone as the alarm tone. Is there a way to do this like I can with my old phone?

Apparently, the doze feature disabled Alarm Plus. I overslept one day because I woke up about an hour before my alarm was to go off and unplugged my phone (because it was fully charged). Then I fell asleep again. With the phone unplugged, the doze feature kicked in and the alarm didn't go off. When I awoke and unlocked the phone, the alarm then went off.

I ended up configuring the app notifications as high priority. I tried it and the alarm went off while unplugged. I'm going to keep my phone plugged in while I sleep just in case.

You must be sure that in Alarm Clock Plus that you give it Permission to Over-ride all other silence commands.

If you do that, I guarantee that it will indeed wake you up.
Also, I never, ever, allow DOZE on any alarm, that is just a recipe for getting lazy and over sleeping and missing a very important event in life. Like your job.

It has never, ever, not alarmed for the time I set it for.
Even if I have the volume down at Minimum, it will ring out at MAX volume regardless of any phone setting.

You must be sure that in Alarm Clock Plus that you give it Permission to Over-ride all other silence commands.

If you do that, I guarantee that it will indeed wake you up.
Also, I never, ever, allow DOZE on any alarm, that is just a recipe for getting lazy and over sleeping and missing a very important event in life. Like your job.

It has never, ever, not alarmed for the time I set it for.
Even if I have the volume down at Minimum, it will ring out at MAX volume regardless of any phone setting.

I didn't think to have to manually change the app settings when I first installed it. I just left it as default initially.

Back
Top Bottom