• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Spam Spam Spam

mello35

Hi guys i have a problem, I just noticed within the last few days that i have been seeing a + and another symbol in my notification bar ,as i open the notification to see what it is and select it, it opens the browser to not needed sites like girls in my area and the like. Could someone tell me what happen and how to remove them and recomended s/w to prevent them. I have a GS3 Thanks for your halp in advance.

Hi.

Sounds like one of the programs you have installed is producing these notifications.

Do a search on the forum and there is a few topics about this. You will need to install a app (can't remember the name) and it will show you which app is doing it.

Good luck.:D

Thanks. I did some research while i was waiting for a response and found a very good anti spam app, Dr.Web. This has very good ratings and reviews. There are claims that it finds signitures that avast and avg did not find and i proved it for myself. It did find the bugger it was a live walpaper app from the samsung store. I figured it was but i d/led about 3 of them and was taking them out one by one but i forgot the culprit but Dr.Web found it, and now that app is a keeper.
Thanks

Here ya go. Download one or both of these apps from the market and bingo - spam b gone. Addon Detector did it for me.

Addons Detector
Airpush Detector

Back
Top Bottom