• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaker Crackling at Everything

Hello,

I am having a strange issue with my Samsung Galaxy S5 that I have assumed was an individual problem caused with the new Marshmallow update. But this problem has been impairing me for over a month and I can't find any recent posts concerning the same issues I'm having.

My phone is having a strange crackling/popping sound anytime I touch the screen, try to scroll, and it will sometimes do it even when I'm not touching the it. My phone will be on silent/mute and these crackles still occur. If someone calls me, I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me.

The really odd part is that I can restart my phone and everything is normal for 30 seconds to a minute or so, then the crackles start. I have cleared my cache, tried to access my phone in safe mode, as well as factory reset everything. I haven't modded my phone and it doesn't have any water damage.

Has anyone else had this issue? What's causing this and can it be fixed?

Thank you.

(My model: SM-G900V
Android Version: 6.0.1)

Last edited:
Hello,

I am having a strange issue with my Samsung Galaxy S5 that I have assumed was an individual problem caused with the new Marshmallow update. But this problem has been impairing me for over a month and I can't find any recent posts concerning the same issues I'm having.

My phone is having a strange crackling/popping sound anytime I touch the screen, try to scroll, and it will sometimes do it even when I'm not touching the it. My phone will be on silent/mute and these crackles still occur. If someone calls me, I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me.

The really odd part is that I can restart my phone and everything is normal for 30 seconds to a minute or so, then the crackles start. I have cleared my cache, tried to access my phone in safe mode, as well as factory reset everything. I haven't modded my phone and it doesn't have any water damage.

Has anyone else had this issue? What's causing this and can it be fixed?

Thank you.

(My model: SM-G900V
Android Version: 6.0.1)
Yeah I had that issue on a custom rom today I updated the rom to the newest nightly and it went away

I have two S5 phones in service, both stock, one with 4.4.4 and one with MM, and we are on Verizon if that makes a hoot....

At times, I have had trouble getting enough volume to overcome the Tinnitus in my ears, and what I did was to install ACR Call Recorder.

I put headphones on and then play back the recording to see if I really understood what was said.

ACR is a terrific adjunct to my toolbox, I have it set up to both save a file, and to send it to my email inbox.... that makes it easy for me to play it back on the big desktop PC speakers in full stereo and lots of audio to overcome the noises in my ears.

as for the speakers, ours seem to be okay, but as said, both are running vanilla VZW ROMs.

Could you post a link? I've never used a custom rom and am not quite sure how to get the process going.

quinnifer_23
you can stay stock and fix this problem just download first mm firmware from Sam mobile.com for your device and Flash it in Odin onto your device

,do a backup with Samsung Smart Switch first

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom