• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spectral Souls is out on the Android Market now!

Wow, I have never thought of this before.. I am going to implement this on my business at home. I will sell a product with half assed instructions. And when someone asks for their money back ill just ignore them and people will actually defendme and blame the poor idiot wo purchased from me.

Truth is, with this rom I haven't had any problems running anything before. Ever, except this but whatever. I hope they enjoy those 15 bucks the got from me, a business that starts with those principles is never going to get far. You can check the comments in the android market, you'll see I'm not the only one.

Those devs r from japan, I've been there 3 times. Love it. They have some pretty crazy sex toy stores.. I hope they go to one of those with my 15 bucks, buy the biggest, spikiest bluntest one and ... you know where they can shove it

Thanks for helping me out those who tried and to those who said "its not the devs fault, its on you"

this is a matter of principle, not technicalities.

Upvote 0
Kuhne, why don't you just flash it back to a original rom and then try the game again?
You cannot blame any developer, if you have a custom rom, that breaks compatibility.

I had the same thing going on with Pocket God, for months I thought it doesn't work on the Nexus One because hundreds of people said so in the comments.
When I wiped Cyanogen Mod 6 and installed MIUI it suddenly started to work and now I know why so many people claimed it didn't work, Cyanogen is the most popular rom and even that one broke compatibility.

When you are on a original firmware and the game still doesn't work, you are absolutely right that they should refund you, but since there are already people in this thread that confirmed that it works on your device, you should just try another rom.

Upvote 0
Truth is, with this rom I haven't had any problems running anything before. Ever, except this but whatever.
Maybe you're asking the wrong people to make it work. Contact the people that made your custom ROM and ask them what the deal is, or flash back to the original ROM and see if it works.

I get that you're peeved, I would be too, but your posts about "it won't work with my custom ROM, so I want my $15 back" are getting stale, my friend. You're running your phone in a way that it technically wasn't meant to be run (with the ROM). I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's the truth. So it's on you and the ROM makers, not HyperDevBox.

Upvote 0
Maybe you're asking the wrong people to make it work. Contact the people that made your custom ROM and ask them what the deal is, or flash back to the original ROM and see if it works.

I get that you're peeved, I would be too, but your posts about "it won't work with my custom ROM, so I want my $15 back" are getting stale, my friend. You're running your phone in a way that it technically wasn't meant to be run (with the ROM). I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's the truth. So it's on you and the ROM makers, not HyperDevBox.

Agree fully.
I was testing CM7 for my captivate...FPSE does not work even though it does work with Gingerbread so of course it is that particular ROM issue so I am not going to start harrasing the FPSE dev because my ROM is not working...

Upvote 0
Wow I then have to to back to eclair to see if this works? Should I convert back to the old filesystem? Or keep EXT.

Those devs need to upgrade their instructions.
I thought the Epic 4G was up to Froyo now?

I wouldn't go for a full system wipe (that would be too much of a pain), just a reflash should do the trick. I'm not well-versed on how to do that, but there's plenty on here that can help you.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Well froyo came out officialy but then the took it off again.. so I gues officialy is not oficial yet and if it doesn't work the devs and their backers in these forums are just going to give me the good ol "its your fault! Phone must be in factory condition" bs ... so I might as well try eclair... wich won't matter if it doesn't work cos the devs aren't answering my emails.. oh well. They are japaneses my heart goes off to them.. that earthquake was horrible...

Upvote 0
Anyone with HTC Evo 3D? Because a friend of mine got screwed.. you only have 15 minutes to get your money back from Android Market.. he dowloads the game.. the graphics are ****ed up! What the heck? Charge $15 for a damn game and give no DAMN TRIAL!!!!

So he downloads the 1GB data.. goes to run it and gets progress bar repeating over and over.. He than deletes data.. finally after another day of trying gets game downloaded and it runs.. the graphics are ****ED UP! First combat the sprites for characters are blocks! The walls some are blocks!

This game is NOT WORTH IT! I read all over people who can't play! Who can't download! And were charged a ridiculous $15 for a game that does not work for most! No wonder they give no damn trial! They don't stand behind their product.. no support forums just a crappy support email that probably never gets a straight answer!

AVOID THIS GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE IT EVIDENTLY IS FOR MANY USERS! Why else no damn game trial except they know this game doesn't work for many!

Upvote 0
5 star 1906
4 star 284
3 star 61
2 star 40
1 star 144

4.5/5 Stars, 2,435 Reviews.

How weird, I would think that a game that doesn't work for many would have a subpar rating.

P.S: Samsung Galaxy S II, runs absolutely perfectly.

But many are saying the latest updates broke it.. didn't read about any issues with the earlier releases.. but since 2.3+ people been having issues.. pays to look at recent reviews.. and he has not been able to get his to run at all.. and he spent about half a day trying to connect to download server.. first time.. download bad.. second time he finally completed.. but than game has graphic bugs.

Upvote 0
But many are saying the latest updates broke it.. didn't read about any issues with the earlier releases.. but since 2.3+ people been having issues.. pays to look at recent reviews.. and he has not been able to get his to run at all.. and he spent about half a day trying to connect to download server.. first time.. download bad.. second time he finally completed.. but than game has graphic bugs.

But I'm saying its running with right now on my SGS2 with no issues. Reading the recent reviews, it seems to work for most and not for a few. This is with every app on Android, I haven't seen one app that works on all devices with no issues. If there is a graphic bug, try using Chainfire.

But whatever, how about we AVOID THIS GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE IT EVIDENTLY IS FOR MANY USERS! Because, you know, this game isn't running for many users, evidently.

Upvote 0
Since the latest update if you look at the current reviews since update half of them it does not work for. I tried that chainfire with my friends HTC Evo 3D Stock rooted phone.. stock with root so he could run a few Root apps like Titanium but the chainfire made no difference.. as soon as combat starts white squares for the flashing type affect than vertical lines for the sprites. So still did not help at all.. Evo 4G also others reporting issues with since 2.5.. They need to give users a method to go back to 2.4 which appeared to work for most without forcing update to a broken version.. Looks like he said he is going to have to email for a refund as the game is totally broken for this phone.

Upvote 0
Or you could just wait for a bit for it to get fixed. If you are correct about many of the reviews being negative, then I bet the developers are looking for a fix. Things like this take some time to fix, especially when they don't know exactly what is causing the problem.

Before the release the developers were here quite a bit giving us updates, and the game has received updates on a fairly regular basis as well. I don't think they'll stop supporting it now.

You clearly have no patience. I'm not quite sure why your so upset over something your friend bought anyway. I'd feel sorry for my friends, and try and help them out, but I wouldn't go rage out on an internet forum.

Also, as Spartoi has also stated, just because it doesn't work on your device doesn't mean it's not working on others. The EVO 3D was known to have issues with games when it was first released because of the drivers the Adreno 220 is using, particularly games using the Unity3D engine. The problem could be the hardware and software not playing nice, which the developers will have to find a way around, which as I already stated, may take some time.

Patience is a virtue.

Upvote 0
But I'm saying its running with right now on my SGS2 with no issues. Reading the recent reviews, it seems to work for most and not for a few. This is with every app on Android, I haven't seen one app that works on all devices with no issues. If there is a graphic bug, try using Chainfire.

But whatever, how about we AVOID THIS GAME LIKE THE PLAGUE IT EVIDENTLY IS FOR MANY USERS! Because, you know, this game isn't running for many users, evidently.

UGG! Stay away from Chainfire 3D on Evo 3D.. It kept breaking colors.. colors would stop working.. gallery had no colors.. awful program for EVO 3D.. probably works for other phones but avoid with EVO 3D!

Upvote 0
Yeah reason I said maybe good for other phones.. But not this one.. One of the first dual core processors and 3D to boot... It definitely caused me issues it took me a little while to realize the problem was from Chainfire 3D as I had forgotten I installed it. Once uninstalled problems went away. If it was on an older phone I think it would be great. I think developers are going to need some time for testing with 3D Dual Core phones before it's ready.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones