• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spigen says Essential Products is infringing on their trademark of the word Essential

It seems as if Spigen applied for a trademark for the term Essential back in August of 2016 and they're accusing Andy Rubin's company of infringing on their trademark. Essential released a statement saying "While it’s Spigen’s prerogative to make assertions, Essential believes they are without merit and will respond appropriately."

Last edited by a moderator:
They plan a wider product range than just the phone.

Though I'd never heard of Spigen's "essential" accessories, which don't appear on their UK website (which may explain why I've never heard of them - hey, if you're listening Andy that means you can sell in the UK without any problems ;)). I doubt that anyone is seriously going to confuse the two companies - not that this usually stops corporations from enriching lawyers though.

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
We'll see you in court, Mark Rubin.
essential.jpg

Essential® :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones