• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Rooted S3 with the new firmware prompt. Not sure where to start

Kelemvor

Howdy,

I have an S3 that is rooted but running the stock ROM. A few months back I started getting the prompt for whatever the new firmware version is.

I can't install the new version as is but I know I can redo the root or flash something that would get rid of the prompt.

Can anyone direct me to which steps from which tutorial I need to follow?

Currenly At:
Android 4.1.1
Baseband: L710VPBLJ7
Kernel: 3.0.31-329968

Thanks for any help!

Actually it would be a lot easier and less painful to simply locate a stock rom (mb1) along with the mb1 radio/modem and flash them both to take advantage of the OTA without actually flashing the stock recovery, taking OTA and re rooting :)

Actually it would be a lot easier and less painful to simply locate a stock rom (mb1) along with the mb1 radio/modem and flash them both to take advantage of the OTA without actually flashing the stock recovery, taking OTA and re rooting :)

Easier and less painful works for me. Do you have a link to where I can find the files I'd need and how I'd install them?

Thanks a ton!

Back