• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint HD Voice Discussion

PyroSporker

Android Expert
Apr 3, 2010
Sprint is actively rolling out an update for the HTC One (Update 1.31.651.2) that will be granting the ability to place HD Voice calls.
Updates for other devices likely to follow?

Specifically regarding HD Voice only; I'd love to hear from some users that have the One with update and can place an actual HD Voice call (2 x HD Voice capable phones connected to Sprint's HD Voice capable network)
Up until now all we have seen or heard is demos from over a year ago.

How is the call clarity on the wideband Codec? Any marked improvements in ambient noise cancellation?

My wife and I both have the HTC One, and took the update. Is there some indication that you are using the HDVoice, or is it automatic? I can't say that I have noticed any difference in our call quality. Well, sort of, but I don't know if it is an ACTUAL increase in quality, or a placebo effect just because I know we took the update.

I haven't made very many voice calls to her phone to test it out. Most of my voice calls are either to land lines, or to people on other carriers, which wouldn't have HD Voice anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones