• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint insurance and the iPhone?

jen8112

Android Enthusiast
I haven't heard anyone ask about iPhone insurance. Will our $8 Sprint insurance cover the iPhone or will it be like the other carriers and you have to buy AppleCare cuz the regular insurance won't cover it. If I get the iPhone I have to pay full price (:p) so I'd like it to be insured. Thanks!

I work for Sprint as a technician. So far all I know is that we will not be able to do any service or repair on the iPhone. You will have to go to Apple. Based off that I doubt you can get any type of insurance through us.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the fruit. The Photon, SGS2, and EVO 3D all blow it away in raw processing power, compatibility, customization, features... basically everything.

Thanks but I finally got a hold of a Sprint rep on chat and yes the iPhone will be covered under the $8 insurance plan. I will probably buy the AppleCare instead though. Sounds like that is $100 for 2 years. Thanks though.

Thanks but I finally got a hold of a Sprint rep on chat and yes the iPhone will be covered under the $8 insurance plan. I will probably buy the AppleCare instead though. Sounds like that is $100 for 2 years. Thanks though.

I doubt they know what they're talking about. Nothing has been confirmed yet. It's possible, yes, but no customer care rep can say for sure.

Apple care does not include lost or stolen phones. Sprints insurance the most comprehensive. Just an FYI. :-)

Ya the rep must have not known what he was talking about. Shocker! ;) It didn't let me add TEP so I bought AppleCare. :)

Ouch. Best of luck to you with all that. You'll need it.

Thanks but I'll be fine. ;) I'm done with Android and Sprint "technicians" anyway. I brought my EVO in today because it has been rebooting itself and the touchscreen has been randomly non-responsive but because it didn't do it when the "technician" was messing with it it is supposedly fine. :p

Thanks but I'll be fine. ;) I'm done with Android and Sprint "technicians" anyway. I brought my EVO in today because it has been rebooting itself and the touchscreen has been randomly non-responsive but because it didn't do it when the "technician" was messing with it it is supposedly fine. :p

Sorry you have had bad luck with Sprint technicians. At any business you'll find employees who are less knowledgeable than others.

The technician was supposed to stress test your processor for 30 min to verify the rebooting issue. If it is hardware, it WILL reboot during the stress test.

If I couldn't verify random touchscreen non-responsiveness I would have replaced your digitizer anyways.

Sorry you have had bad luck with Sprint technicians. At any business you'll find employees who are less knowledgeable than others.

The technician was supposed to stress test your processor for 30 min to verify the rebooting issue. If it is hardware, it WILL reboot during the stress test.

If I couldn't verify random touchscreen non-responsiveness I would have replaced your digitizer anyways.

Wish you were in my area for help the techs here are just OK not great, not overly helpful, just OK

I've never had a problem with the guy that's usually there. Got a few replacement phones off him. This new guy was no fun. He said he would have put it on Slate and test it but Slate was down. :p

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the fruit. The Photon, SGS2, and EVO 3D all blow it away in raw processing power, compatibility, customization, features... basically everything.

Really? You must have missed where the iPhone 4S handed most every relevant Android phone on the market its ass in benchmarks...Oh and compatibility is a joke. I have had 4 Sprint Android phones and get at least 5-10 force closes on programs EVERY day on my 3D. Not to mention all the other BS glitches with them. Nowhere near as smooth and compatible as an iPhone.

AnandTech - iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5, Slightly Slower GPU than iPad 2, Still Very Fast

This short thread still seems useful, as 99% of it is questions and good info.

The 1% noise, however, does have a way of drowning out the good stuff, begging the thread to be locked.

Please, friends, no more noise. ;)

Back
Top Bottom