• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Is this the right TWRP file for my phone? (I'll provide any and all info as needed)

Thatdad

Android Expert
Jun 4, 2013
South Georgia
I really don't want to brick or anything. I found an app that supposedly makes recovery directly from phone.

http://imgur.com/a/p8GFS

The link is the album I have for screenshots I have thus far. Thanks everyone!

I don't really know how to use Odin. I used TowelRoot to root, so I don't know how to proceed (seen plenty of rooting with recovery stuff tutorials though)

How do I make a recovery AFTER I've rooted? Or is the TWRP app I'm using okay to use?

I think I'm doing it right

Attachments

• 1411337353765.jpg
    1411337353765.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
okay.. that's not gonna work. since it runs on system (while booted) if you have a huge problem (like a boot conflict. aka won't boot.) you can't run the app to restore your backup. this is why twrp is so necessary. cuz it runs in recovery partition. so if system can't boot recovery will. ;) and you can restore a backed up system that you know works. ;)

Upvote 0
okay.. that's not gonna work. since it runs on system (while booted) if you have a huge problem (like a boot conflict. aka won't boot.) you can't run the app to restore your backup. this is why twrp is so necessary. cuz it runs in recovery partition. so if system can't boot recovery will. ;) and you can restore a backed up system that you know works. ;)

I agree,What you need to do is do a backup within TWRP.

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
looking at link in op. I'd stay away for sure. the first pic shows jfltespr (regular l720) and the second pic shows our jflterefreshspr (our l720t). With this conflict very obvious.. I'd say whoever posted said pics didn't know poop from chocolate. lmmfao

Another,I agree.Always go to the main source.
Another words,You are wanting TWRP,Then go to TWRP and get it there.Not at some other website.You may end up with Malware/Virus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones