• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint phones on Boost

mtstew

I realize I'm about to get shit for this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt just to ask.

I'm a QWERTY fan on Boost Mobile (grandfathered into 2.5GB for $40 with unlimited talk and text) and I'm very happy with my LG Mach. I very much wanted to be able to use the Sprint Photon Q on Boost, but my research led me to believe that it was next to impossible so I gave up on it. I would like to do the same thing with Sprint's BlackBerry Q10, maybe I'm suffering from amnesia, but someone on reddit told me

"If you really want a BB10 device you can flash a Sprint Q10 (cdma) to boost since they're both cdma and run on the same network. Same company"

I was also reading more on reddit, and found an older thread where a user mentions

"Blackberry's don't work like other unlocked handsets. They don't suffer from the drop in data speeds when unlocked. This is why all carriers charge more for a separate "Blackberry Data Plan".
A Sprint 9650 can be unlocked for any GSM Carrier, or flashed to a CDMA carrier that accepts outside ESNs such as nTelos, Cricket, MetroPCS, etc.
You can flash it to Boost or Virgin, but in doing so, you have to clone the proxy phone's ESN to your device, which is a federal felony.
I work in a cell phone store that's a retailer for Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, Red Pocket and H2O. I unlock at least 2 Blackberry devices a day.
3G will work perfect. All you have to do is push the carrier's Service Books to the device through Desktop Manager. Or if you really want to get tech savvy, edit the BB Reg ID in the Programming Menu (##000000) and perform registration through the Host Routing Table"

Then there are all these websites like Sprint To Boost Mobile - Flash Sprint To Boost and Flash Your Sprint Phone | Boost Mobile | Flashing Service Are these just scams or is there really a way I could get a Sprint Blackberry Q10 to work on Boost? Alternatively, does this mean that I was incorrect in my thinking that there was no way I could get a Photon Q to work on Boost? Color me confuzzled.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom