• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SquareTrade WarrantyReplacing AnHTC Sensation With A Samsung Galaxy III

Jim1348

May 28, 2010
I bought my wife an HTC Sensation for Christmas 2011. It had worked pretty well for her during most of 2012, but most recently she has had some issues with it. I bought it from Sam's Club and she purchased an extended warranty from SquareTrade Warranty Services. Generally, I am not a big fan of extended warranties, but once in a great while I will get one. Anyway, I called today, the Customer Service Representative went through the script and eventually offered an HTC Amaze for a $49.99 fee. I seem to recall that they don't have a great track record, so I declined that and she then offered a Samsung Galaxy S III, which I accepted. Anyway, did I make a good move? In retrospect, maybe I should have asked if an Apple iPhone was available.

I (we) probably have purchased our last smartphone extended warranty. Given the choice, the Samsung Galaxy III seemed like a good thing at the time. I suspect it will simply be a refurbished unit. What would folks here have done? Would you have pushed for something else?

Also, what accessories should I think about for her Samsung Galaxy S III? A case is a must and my neighbor suggested the UAG Urban Armor Case URBAN ARMOR GEAR We have had Ballistic, OtterBox, and Trident in the past.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones