• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SquareTrade WarrantyReplacing AnHTC Sensation With A Samsung Galaxy III

Jim1348

I bought my wife an HTC Sensation for Christmas 2011. It had worked pretty well for her during most of 2012, but most recently she has had some issues with it. I bought it from Sam's Club and she purchased an extended warranty from SquareTrade Warranty Services. Generally, I am not a big fan of extended warranties, but once in a great while I will get one. Anyway, I called today, the Customer Service Representative went through the script and eventually offered an HTC Amaze for a $49.99 fee. I seem to recall that they don't have a great track record, so I declined that and she then offered a Samsung Galaxy S III, which I accepted. Anyway, did I make a good move? In retrospect, maybe I should have asked if an Apple iPhone was available.

I (we) probably have purchased our last smartphone extended warranty. Given the choice, the Samsung Galaxy III seemed like a good thing at the time. I suspect it will simply be a refurbished unit. What would folks here have done? Would you have pushed for something else?

Also, what accessories should I think about for her Samsung Galaxy S III? A case is a must and my neighbor suggested the UAG Urban Armor Case URBAN ARMOR GEAR We have had Ballistic, OtterBox, and Trident in the past.

Back
Top Bottom