• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ssmsung Tab2 10.1 coming up with an alert about viruses!!!HELP

aedawn522

Lurker
Thanks in advance for help. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to start off.

Just yesterday I turned my tablet on to use it since things are a little bigger on it than on my phone and I use those more so now than my computer unless it's for downloading photos I have taken on my camera etc.

Now when using any browser so far tried and moving between a page it will randomly appear, The page at cleanmaster.mobiilebatterysolution.com says,

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 user:
Your smart phone may have viruses from adult websites.
If left unresolved, this will cause slow performance, faster battery draining and total system failure.
Click OK to download the latest Clean Master from Google Play Store and remove the virusess now.

I have AVG, Lookout, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Mobile Security and Antivirus, Zoner Anti-Virus for tablet and none have found anything.

I have already done a factory reset on the device with no luck???
Still when I run any of the antivirus softwares or even malwarebytes it doesn't find anything at all??? HELP I use this for everything and as a mom of two young boys who can't access this without me entering a password no adult sites have been visited how can I clean this up, for good? Thank you in advance!

Well from what I learned from both my experience with having viruses on my computers and tablet, you shouldn't have more than one anti-virus program on your device because they tend to not work because they basically cancel each other out and it won't work like its supposed to. Try keeping only one anti-virus on your device at one time. If one doesn't work, then try uninstalling the app and download another one. It worked for me, so try that. It may help you out with your situation/ dilemma

When some random webpage tells you that your computer has a virus: It's the webpage itself that's trying to give you a virus, or otherwise scam you! Use an ad-blocker, it will block a lot of that stuff. Preferably a system-wide adblocker such as AdGuard, rather than one that only works in the web browser.

Last edited:
Windroid, this is a thread from 2014. I think the OP has long-since moved on by now.
A thread from 2014 which popped up in the "Similar threads" box. If I found my way here, others will too. And that warning I gave is an important one. And remember: This is a forum, not a private messaging service. The help we give is for everyone who happens to find the thread, not just for the original poster.

Back
Top Bottom