• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ST AT&T now with LTE

I ordered my AT&T sim last night in preparation for the Nexus 5. I like my T-mobile lte right now so I'm going to bide my time. Also it will protect in case there's another falling out and they stop selling them again.

Wow and I just got my sim yesterday.... Might just buy a new one for lte

Yours might actually be LTE capable, I think there were people on HoFo that had recently bought new sims and were getting LTE.

This won't do me any good as I live in a market with HSPA+ only. Verizon is the only LTE game in town. Plus, I have a Nexus 4 which I am not getting rid of anytime soon.

Galaxy note, straight talk service for 1 year in ny.. Just upgraded my sim to the 4g lte...
uqasyqyh.jpg

I categorize all ST personnel into 2 categories

1) Hopelessly incompetent
2) Shamefully dishonest

It also seems they are putting some sort of limit on the LTE, as ping times seem to be more consistent with HSPA+, while GoPhone users are not having the same constraints.

Typical, I ordered 2 new cards, got my Samsung S3 up in less than 5 minutes, no issues. Upgrade my wife's HTC Vivid and now her MMS doesn't work (I think I am using the right term, the texting with images). Text comes through but just get a download button in place of where the image should be. She doesn't like when I 'upgrade' as she usually experiences some kind of problem.

Double and trippled checked the APN settings, still no functioning MMS. Even went back to the old APN (not sure it is exactly the same as I had deleted the old one, so I recreated it from the ST Help section), but still doesn't work.

Any secret dance or chant I should try to get this to work properly?

Typical, I ordered 2 new cards, got my Samsung S3 up in less than 5 minutes, no issues. Upgrade my wife's HTC Vivid and now her MMS doesn't work (I think I am using the right term, the texting with images). Text comes through but just get a download button in place of where the image should be. She doesn't like when I 'upgrade' as she usually experiences some kind of problem.

Double and trippled checked the APN settings, still no functioning MMS. Even went back to the old APN (not sure it is exactly the same as I had deleted the old one, so I recreated it from the ST Help section), but still doesn't work.

Any secret dance or chant I should try to get this to work properly?

Is mobile data enabled? MMS has to go through the mobile data channel and not wifi.

I have a Samsung captivate glide just done an update to 4.0.4 and I'm using the tfdata apn settings well my only issue is that I can't open pic messages plz help

I categorize all ST personnel into 2 categories

1) Hopelessly incompetent
2) Shamefully dishonest

It also seems they are putting some sort of limit on the LTE, as ping times seem to be more consistent with HSPA+, while GoPhone users are not having the same constraints.

i have used both and now use gophone. After tax, st was about $50, while paying $60 at the att in-store kiosk charges no tax. Plus, i get higher priority on towers, can roam in canada, and i can get help in person at att store. Sim card was free also.
it is well worth extra $10 for the extras.

So I have a pa number and I live in wv they said I need to go to pa and call them so they can try to fix it really that's bs

Question: So I was considering getting off my parents AT&T family plan (that I don't have to help pay for! :D ) mainly because they have a 2GB data limit that I am always flirting with and that pisses them off *Rolls eyes* Anyway, I was thinking about using ST with my Nexus 5 since the have LTE now and I was wondering with the $45/mo plan how hard do they throttle you and how many MBs do you get til they do? I'm always close to 2GB but I can see me using around 5MB on average after that throttle if you like I say..

I contact customer support and asked this:

I am currently looking into using your
service, but I have a couple questions?

1. With your unlimited data 45/mo plan do you throttle your 4g LTE? If
so, at what about of data do you begin to throttle at?

2. I am on an AT&T family now limited to 2GB of data. If I leave it,
will I see any changes in terms of speed of data (4G LTE) using straight
talk compared to AT&T? (Live in St. Louis area)

Thank you for your time! Also if I were to switch to Straight Talk I
would be bringing in my own GSM phone.

ST:
1. Signal strength around your area maybe poor at the moment.
2. You can get variable speeds depending on how many users are active on
the 3G/4G network at the same time.
3. It might be slower during the day because of the number users that
are accessing the internet at the same time.

Didn't help me much lmao! What do you guys suggest? Also, thought about T-Mobile but no LTE in St. Louis yet!

Back
Top Bottom