• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Starting Rsd protocol support

My wife rebooted her phone because the back button would lower the ringer volume. Now all the phone does is "Starting Rsd protocol support" I've tried hold the down volume and up during boot with no affect. Can anyone offer some advice?

any help. It booted this morning after having it battery out all night but it happened again. the software on this phone has not been messed with at all.

Not sure what the solution would be to this but since the phone is attempting to go into RSD mode you can try to perform an SBF and reset it back to stock 2.3.4. You will lose all data but again, I don't know how to troubleshoot that. If you are going to do that I would recommend that you let your phone sit on the charger for a few hours first.

HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2 - xda-developers

Per the instructions in the link your phone is at step 7. (make sure you download all the neccessary software in the previous steps first though.)

Back