• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help starting to hate my SG

Kyrotech

is it my tablet or is this a problem that everyone is having????
the f***ing WiFi connection that drops all the time...
No matter how many times I reset my tablet and router, the damn thing just freezes up, then lost connection, then back again

I noticed this problem with the last update that was available for the P7510 model
version 3.2
kernel 2.6.36.3
build htj85b.vlkl2 p7510vlkl2

anything to do? or should I just root the sucker and install ICS???

another thing that I have noticed is that since the upgrade, the unit seems to be a lot slower.
Say what you want to say about the iP**, but that thing is always smooth not matter what.
Don't get me wrong, I love Android, but as a tablet, I'm second doubting...
My SG2 is a wonderful phone, and wouldn't trade it for anything available at the moment.

The tablet just lags, and that really pis*es me off.
Just had to get that off my chest...
thanks for reading ;)

the f***ing WiFi connection that drops all the time...
No matter how many times I reset my tablet and router, the damn thing just freezes up, then lost connection, then back again
another thing that I have noticed is that since the upgrade, the unit seems to be a lot slower.
Two words - Factory Reset.

I've never had a WiFi issue, but I use 3G on my P7500 most of the time anyway so perhaps I just haven't noticed. But what I have noticed after getting rid of my cheap Belkin router and getting a good ASUS RT-N56U router is that none of the wireless devices in my house drop anymore. With the Belkin, phones, ipods, laptops, tablets, would all fail to connect to the router from time to time (no pattern that I could see). But with the ASUS router we don't have any issues with connections or drops. All devices connect consistently day after day.

And regarding Tab smoothness, after I updated to v3.2 I noticed my Tab was faster and smoother. But I always do a factory reset after an update to make sure the firmware is setup from scratch and the flash memory is clear.

FWIW, the problem is not intrinsic to these devices. My wife and I both own one (wifi only) and never had any connectivity issues. They are both rock solid. I would never root a device with I'm having a problem with (and this from someone with four rooted Android devices in the household). Changing things just makes troubleshooting more difficult if the problem persists (i.e., it might be a hardware issue). You'd be doing yourself a favor if you resolve the current issue first. Afterwards, you can consider rooting if you want. If you do ultimately root, get the app TouchScreen Tune. Not only will it allow you to customize the touch sensitivity, etc., but it has a palm rejection feature so you can do small detail drawing/writing with your palm resting on the screen.

Follow Up -

so here's how I solved my WiFi issue : Complete wipe and reset to factory default

I struggled for a few days before completey wiping my unit.
After a few days of on and off WiFi connections from work and home, I decided to factory reset the unit, if this didn't work...rooting was my last option (didn't want to go this way, yet)
Gladly my WiFi has been working without any problems for about 2 weeks now.
Connection to home and office is swift, just the way I want it...

thanks again everyone for your help

Follow Up -
so here's how I solved my WiFi issue : Complete wipe and reset to factory default
Connection to home and office is swift, just the way I want it...
Glad to hear it's working well now...no more hating of the Tab.
:)

Did the factory reset make your tab smoother and lose the lag you mention in the opening post of this thread?

Hi Neil100,

yes, the factory reset did help, but as you add more and more apps to the tablet, it gets slower and slower.
Especially with push apps.
I've actually gotten used to the lag, so it doesn't bother me anymore.
I just open up task manager and end all apps and clear the memory.

I still prefer Android over the other one...
We'll see with ICS (when available), how it will change the tablet.
From the ICS threads, people are more than happy with the ICS upgrade.
I'll wait for the official upgrade.:D

Back
Top Bottom