• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

State Farm Ceased Phone Insurance

mrootes

Member
My agent just informed me that State Farm Indiana policy holders are no longer being offered phone insurance. I got mine insured right before they stopped taking policies. They will honor any claims I make for the time I own my phone but I cannot insure a new one.

I can see why they dropped it:

Zero deductible
$39 per year
I go buy new phone, they reimburse me same day from local office
Coverage for ANYTHING - water, theft, damage (except phone failure)

Apparently there was too much fraud related to the claims. I'm good till I upgrade in 18 months, but something better than Assurian has better come along by then.
 
IMO, with so many people switching to smart phones that insuring phones has become too risky for insurance companies without implementing policies similar to Assurion. Like you said, a lot of room for fraud in a policy like the one you have.
 
Back
Top Bottom