• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stero voice recording?

fearfeasog

Oct 27, 2011
Ok Q#2.

So my understanding is that the 10 records stereo audio for video. But my audio recorder app (Hi-Q mp3 recorder--a really good one) cannot access both mics for some reason, though it could with the Samsung GS5. Anyone know why? and anyone know of a good, high quality audio only recording app that would be able to utilize both mics? Or if there are settings on the phone i can tweak to make it work with the Hi-Q mp3 recorder?

appreciated! ff

guh, it's hard to search this particular issue, because the search results have more to do with external mics or the actual output as in headphones or the speaker setup. mostly ppl, reviewers in particular, don't address the fact that the phone has 2 mics, and that they are both available for video, much less whether or not they are available for voice recording apps. poor, poor overlooked mics!

thanks, ff

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones